Located in the north of Edinburgh, Warriston Crematorium is a peaceful, suburban spot surrounded by playing fields, allotments, and the Warriston Cemetery. A former stately villa, the crematorium was converted for use in 1929.
The two multi-faith chapels of differing size offer room for large or small services. The Lorimer Chapel has seats for 230 and, the Cloister Chapel offers a more intimate space for 60 or so. Each chamber has an organ and recorded music facility. A webcast or DVD of the service can be captured (for an extra fee), to offer the chance for distant relatives to feel part of the farewell.
The privately run crematorium offers many memorial options, including slate plaques, black granite sanctums in the Water Garden, wood panels, and rose bushes. The beautifully planted gardens are also an option for the scattering of ashes. Please note that the exact spot of dispersal is not disclosed.
There is onsite parking for up to 40 vehicles, with some street parking nearby.