Peel Green Crematorium
Peel Green Crematorium in Salford was originally a non-conformist burial chapel which was converted to a crematorium in 1955.
The tranquil chapel at Peel Green can seat up to 80 guests, and has ample standing space outside. It is equipped with a hearing loop system for those who face difficulty hearing and a public address system to enable a standing audience to participate in the funeral service. An electric organ is available for use at the chapel or families can request a choice of funeral music via the modern audio system.
Cremated remains may be buried at ashes burial plots which are available for purchase at Peel Green Cemetery.
A book of remembrance which can be found in a private room of Peel Green Crematorium can be used by bereaved families to commemorate the memory of a loved one. Memorial cards bearing copies of the inscription can also be ordered as a keepsake or distributed to family or friends.
Other options for memorials include an inscribed metal plaque that can be placed in the garden of remembrance.
Toilets are located at the crematorium building and drinking water is available via water taps across the grounds.