The Mortlake Crematorium is a beautiful, solemn Grade II listed building of brick, which opened up in 1939 in South West London. Situated in the bounds of Richmond upon Thames' borough near the Kew train station, the crematorium enjoys a frontage onto the River Thames.
When it comes to your service, the chapel can seat 94 people on the ground floor. A real pipe organ can be found in the gallery of the chapel, which offers an additional 36 seats. A book of remembrance is available, with additional online version. The Mortlake Crematorium has a coach style portico for drop-off of arrivals as well as disabled facilities including an induction loop, accessible toilet and wheelchair accessibility. . A reception, waiting room, and rooms of remembrance further extend the interior space.
The gardens have avenues of lavender and birch, fruit trees that provide shade and gorgeous blossoms in the spring, as well as many other outdoor spaces for peaceful contemplation.
The Mortlake Crematorium and their team have won many awards from the industry for their empathetic approach and have hosted the farewell of several well-known figures including Baroness Thatcher.