Funeral Help & Planning Resources
Read our guide to burial expenses. Burial is more expensive than cremation as burial plots, headstone, funeral service all adds to the cost.
Find out what the average cremation cost is in the UK and why cremation is more accepted nowadays.
Comparing funeral plans couldn’t be easier with our simple table of costs and providers!
Ensuring Your Affairs Are In Order
Over 50’s Financial Products
- Health Insurance Reviews
Many opt for health insurance so for almost any ailment they can have the best doctors available, we’ve listed the main providers of health insurance along with what they offer.
Types of funeral & choice of send off
- Coffin or Casket
Guide to choosing the vessel the departed is to be buried or cremated in.
- Choosing an Urn
If you’re opting for an Urn, this is the guide to read to help your choice.
- Don’t understand funeral terms, read our funeral jargon buster
Funeral Guides & How To’s
- Organising a wake
How to plan a wake for a funeral, origins of the Wake, frequently asked questions.
- Memorial services
How to plan a memorial service, where to hold it, what to include.
- Choice of funeral director
How to find the best funeral director for your needs, questions to ask, price ranges.
- Why use a funeral director
Benefits of engaging a funeral director for help planning a funeral. What to expect from a funeral director.
Guide to Undertakers, differences, trust can it be a DIY job?
Choosing a pallbearer and what does a pallbearer do. How to choose one & best practice.
What’s a funeral celebrant? Different types of celebrants, what to expect, etc.
- Writing the Eulogy / Funeral Speech
If you’ve been chosen to write a eulogy or if you’re considering choosing someone, this guide will help you.
- Writing an Obituary
What is an obituary, how to write one, what to include/exclude, ideas, and more.
- Funeral Flowers
Guide to choosing appropriate flowers for a funeral, types of flowers and their meaning, and more…
Long Term Care
- Advice & Options on Long Term Care
- End of Life Planning
- Long term care & illness– Costs associated with long term care– Long term care services
- Private Healthcare
- Health Insurance – Aviva / AXA PPP / Bupa / Exeter / Freedom / General & Medical / Saga / Vitality / WPA
- Compare Health Cash Plans
- Family Health Insurance
- Health & Longevity for over 50’s
- Dealing with Cancer: Causes, Diagnosis, Types, Treatment
- Major causes of death for over 50’s